What is LEADERSHIP coaching?
“Leadership Coaching is a facilitative one-to-one, mutually designed relationship between a professional coach and leader. The coaching is contracted for the benefit of a leader who is accountable for highly complex decisions with wide scope of impact on the organization and industry as a whole. The focus of the coaching is usually organizational performance or development, but it may also serve a personal component as well."
–Summary findings from the International Executive Coaching Summit, October 1999, compiled by Lee Smith and Jeannine Sandstrom, and including information produced by 36 coaches.
Bob Kiser and associates work with a range of clients from high potential leaders to seasoned professionals. In addition to one-on-one coaching, we facilitate interactive, group leadership seminars with a unique three-part process—education, simulation and integration.
Education—One of our highly experienced presenters will come to your group and provide a fun, one-two day didactic session on the leadership topic of your choice.
Simulation—We bring our professional actors to your group to simulate work situations for the participants to practice what they learned in their didactic session. These simulations allow participants to move from proficiency to excellence in a safe, non-judgmental environment before having to engage their employees.
Integration—Each participant receives four one-hour coaching sessions with one of our associates to debrief their current leadership obstacles and to strategize solutions to allow them to gain the most success possible.
Sample Leadership Coaching topics:
- Facilitative leadership style
- Empowerment of staff
- Communication skills
- Public speaking
- Conflict resolution/difficult conversations
- Improving team meetings
- Building an effective team
- Motivating your team
- Mentoring and development of internal talent for succession planning
Bob’s services have been affiliated with:
- Navy Pier of Chicago
- Butterfield Park District, NFP
- Light-Hearted Productions, NFP
- Temple Civic Theater, NFP
- TruOne, Inc.
- United Way/Metro Chicago
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- University of Illinois at Chicago/Office of Access and Equity (Mediation Group)
- Center on Halsted, NFP
- The Chicago Roundup, NF
- Wintrust Mortgag
- The Illinois Women’s Leadership Symposium
- Pulmonary Exchange, LTD
- North Spencer School Corp (Indiana)
- University of Central Florida Medical School
- University of Illinois College of Medicine-Rockford Campus